Volunteer » School Based
The School-Based Program is great for volunteers who need a flexible program. The agency has partnered with local schools to offer School-Based volunteering. Volunteers need to commit for only the school year, and meet with their Little Brother or Sister once a week for 1 hour. Volunteers have fun reading with their Littles, going to the school library, helping with assignments, or playing on the play ground. This program is also a wonderful opportunity to encourage those in your office, service group or company to volunteer. If your group would like to volunteer together, please contact Kim Marvin and she will be able to meet with your group to orient, train and interview everyone at one scheduled time.
Commitment Level: the school year
The Following schools are participating in the School Based Program:
Alamogordo Area SchoolsAlamogordo Elementary Schools:
Cloudcroft Area SchoolsCloudcroft Elementary School:
Holloman Air Force Base Area SchoolsHolloman Elementary School:
|| Enrollment Process
Click here to fill out the School Based Program volunteer form, and begin the process to becoming a big!
- Application: You may fill out our online application or call us to set up a time to meet with our staff.
- Background Check: We will perform a background check at no cost to you.
- Three References: We will contact the references you give us.
- Interview: The interview can be at our office or at a location convenient to you.
- Matching Process: After being accepted, we will contact you when we find a Little that is a good match for you. You are under no obligation to accept the child the agency proposes to you. If you accept, we will schedule a time for you to meet your new Little Brother or Sister along with a member of our staff to be officially matched. You can then begin to meet every week.
Contact us if you have any additional questions.